How to Change Contact Info on E-Rate Forms

Now is the time of year when schools and libraries experience change in the staff responsible for completing the annual E-rate forms. 

Here’s how to change the contact information for E-rate forms, as well as how to change a school or library’s name, mailing address and phone number in the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) database. 

USAC Entity Information Changes
To make a permanent change to a school or library entity’s name, address, central phone number or fax number in the USAC database (the information that is pre-populated on the E-rate application forms, not the contact information), call the USAC Client Services Bureau (CSB) at 888-203-8100 and make the request. Be sure to have the entity’s Billed Entity Number (BEN) ready when you call.

E-Rate Contact Information Change Request
To change the contact information on previously submitted forms, write a request on your organization’s letterhead and include the following information:

  • Billed Entity Number (BEN)
  • Form Application Number (i.e., Form 470, 471, 486, BEAR, etc.)
  • Old contact information
  • New contact information (include name, phone, fax, email)
  • Preferred mode of contact (phone, fax, email)
  • Signature and title of person requesting the change

Fax the signed request to 973-599-6526, or mail it to:

Contact Information Change Request
Schools and Libraries Division – Correspondence Unit
30 Lanidex Plaza West
PO Box 685
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0685

The new contact person will be notified using the preferred mode of contact when the change request has been processed.