Join the Gaggle Team!
Are you driven to create innovative, high-quality products? Are you passionate about usability, great user workflows and product stickiness? Most importantly, would you like to work on a product designed to save children who are at risk, a product which has already demonstrated the ability to save the lives of thousands of students?
At Gaggle, we are NOT looking for a product manager to build yet another business product or app. We’re intensely passionate about what we do: saving lives and protecting kids. We’re driven to deliver tools that prevent suicide, self-harm, violence and bullying by helping schools identify students in crisis. We want a Product Manager who will bring passion, experience and ability to our team. We need someone who knows how to build high-quality, high-value features rapidly and wants to make an impact!
What will you do each day? Some days, you will be working with the leadership team to drive product strategy or identify and design new features and products. Other days, you will advocate for the customer, understanding their needs and gathering feedback. You will use your experience to clearly articulate market direction and you will prioritize the most important and highest value work. One day, you will be looking at 20,000 feet and on others, you will crawl into the critical details with the team and collaborate on delivering the next feature. Our product managers work closely with a cross-functional technical team, customer service, C-level executives and customers to define, build, and launch new and improved functionality.
You’ll be able to work from home, but using current technology, you will be messaging or talking to development engineers and your other colleagues every day.
- Effectively gather stakeholder and customer feedback to inform the direction of the product and foster trust.
- Collaborate with engineering to iteratively scope, build and launch new features to support internal and external needs
- Build consensus amongst stakeholders by defining a shared vision and establishing a roadmap of prioritized initiatives for both short and long term benefits
- Act as product owner, responsible for the team’s backlog and use research and your experience to prioritize and tradeoff based on business value, level of effort, and strategic direction.
- Understand the customer’s needs, wants and unspoken expectations to develop a great customer experience.
- Research and write detailed user stories as well as support high-level business discussions. You should be comfortable describing the big picture as well as digging into the weeds whether writing user stories, reviewing designs, brainstorming approach, performing user validation, or supporting other business needs.
- Guide and motivate the technical team as a Servant Leader by helping identify risks, removing obstacles and acting as scrum master, when needed, to enable delivery, speed to market and significant ROI.
- Build product awareness by communicating changes, feature improvements, and product value. Then collaborate with customer service, operations, marketing and sales to convey that value to customers.
- Foster trust, collaboration, and teamwork by understanding team dynamics and facilitating effective interactions both inside the technical team and with other parts of the business.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A Strategic Thinker who can anticipate market needs.
- An outstanding Communicator who conveys information quickly and clearly and is easily understood.
- An empathetic Listener who can build rapport and distill down problems with customers, engineers...anyone.
- An Organized Doer who makes sure important things do not slip through the cracks and does not shy away from any task that can help the team.
- A Problem Solver who helps the team to identify conflicting priorities and then frames and escalates issues quickly.
- A Facilitator who resolves conflicts by encouraging constructive and respectful debate.
- A Trustworthy Teammate who leads by example, inspires and motivates others, and can be counted on to execute and deliver on what has been promised.
Skills and qualifications:
- 3+ years of success as a Product Manager and/or Product Owner in an Agile software company. A background in engineering or computer science is preferred.
- Experience with Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence) required. Comfortable creating wireframes, workflows and mockups.
- Data-driven. Able to balance quantitative and qualitative research.
- Experience gathering user feedback.
- Product Owner and/or Scrum Master Certification preferred.
- Positive experience working with remote teams.
- US-based, home office (remote) capabilities required
Although applications will be accepted until the position is filled, candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their application materials by March 1, 2019. Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
The position will offer a competitive compensation package composed of salary commensurate with the candidate’s level of experience. Employee benefits include, but are not limited to medical, dental and vision and participation in Gaggle's 401(k).