Join the Gaggle Team!
Director of Operations, Safety Team
Join the Gaggle team and help make a difference in the lives of K-12 students throughout the United States! Gaggle has a long track record of success in schools and has been growing profitably at more than 20% each year. We’re a group of 80 dedicated people helping schools prevent bullying, school violence and self-harm such as cutting and suicide. The work is unequivocally worthwhile - we’ve saved over 500 student lives this year alone.
The Director will work out of our corporate office in Bloomington, Illinois, leading and managing the Safety Team which is comprised of approximately 15 employees and growing! The team works hard, 24x7x365, to keep students safe by reviewing and analyzing content within our software solution that is communicated amongst students, teachers and others and alerts school districts to threats to student safety. The Gaggle Safety Team is credited with uncovering drug abuse, bullying, and threats of school violence, suicide attempts, self-harm situations, and abuse.
- Directly manage a team of 2 Supervisors; delegation of responsibilities, manage performance against expectations, coach and mentor leading to continued optimal performance
- Work to grow and build the team by way of effective interviewing, selection and hiring
- Research and implement alternative strategies around compensation and work flow balancing
- Research and recommend policies and processes that are in line with the goals of the department and overall organization
- Develop, document, communicate and maintain workflows, processes and procedures
- Assist with the onboarding of new hires; collaborate with HR and Safety Team Supervisors throughout the process
- Understand the business in order to effectively establish metrics which drive toward continuously meet service level requirements and to measure performance
- Manage team and employee performance, write and deliver performance reviews, address concerns in a timely and effective manner, provide ongoing feedback and coach/ counsel team members
- Occasionally, with the team, review and analyze student activity to identify potentially inappropriate content including words, phrases, statements and images within the school communication systems including email, google drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and other technology/communication platforms hosted by the school
- Stay abreast of potentially troublesome incidents, trends, and national issues that may negatively impact students and advise colleagues of findings
- Assist supervisors with scheduling and planning to effectively staff and provide service 24x7x365
- Manage escalated customer issues
- Minimum of 5 years managing teams including supervisors and other levels of staff
- Knowledge and experience with best practices for effective recruiting, hiring and developing staff
- Proven experience developing and maintaining training resources and procedures
- Ability to “manage up” by way of working effectively with the VP of Operations and other Leadership Team members
- Ability to resolve conflict with and between employees
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience using a variety of desktop and web-based applications
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communications skills
- Highly motivated with a passion to help others
- Ability to keep an open mind with tolerance and respect for others opinions
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
******* Local Candidates Preferred as the position requires to work full time in the Corporate Office in Bloomington, IL. Candidates that are serious about relocation to Bloomington, IL will be considered.
It is important to note that in the position, you will be required to view content of a sensitive nature including exposure to graphic content that may contain nudity.
Submit resume to email@example.com
The position will offer a competitive compensation package composed of salary commensurate with the candidate’s level of experience. Employee benefits include, but are not limited to medical, dental and vision and participation in the Company’s 401(k) plan.