Join the Gaggle Team!
Operations Representative (Remote, United States)
This is a remote position. Availability for afternoon/evening/weekend shifts or overnight/weekend shifts is required.
Do you want to be part of a team that saves lives? Gaggle works with K-12 schools to prevent bullying, school violence, self-harm, and suicide. Gaggle is an established, profitable company, growing over 20% each year. We are on a mission and we need your help. The work is unequivocally worthwhile - we’ve saved over 1,000 student lives this school year.
We are seeking an entry-level Operations Representative to join Gaggle’s Operations Team in reviewing and analyzing online activity of K-12 students. This is a unique opportunity that offers a chance to make a real difference in the lives of millions of students across the country. This position requires focus and dedication to make quick and accurate decisions on repetitive work. This team is credited with uncovering drug abuse, bullying, threats of violence, suicide attempts, self-harm situations, and domestic abuse.
What you will be doing:
- Reviewing and analyzing student activity to identify potentially inappropriate content within school communication systems
- Working independently to determine if an incident poses a threat to a student's well-being and taking action to notify the designated contacts at the school to ensure that student's safety
- Fielding phone calls and emails from customers about student incidents in a responsive, resourceful, and professional manner
- Investigating and troubleshooting customer inquiries
- Recording and maintaining concise notes regarding each incident in Salesforce CRM
- Staying abreast of potentially troublesome incidents, trends, and national issues that may negatively impact students and advising colleagues of findings
What you should have:
- Experience using a variety of desktop and web-based applications. We use Salesforce, Zendesk, Slack and Sling here at Gaggle
- Experience in education, crisis management, child advocacy, customer service or a related field
- A strong comfort level in communicating with customers through email, text, and phone to convey the seriousness of a situation
- The ability to stay focused on the same task for long periods of time. You must be able to process large amounts of content quickly and accurately
- A passion for reading. You will read a lot of material as you review and analyze student content, so excellent reading comprehension is important
- This is a fast-paced deadline-driven environment, be ready to learn fast and to work hard
- Confidence to operate independently within a virtual team environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in education, criminal justice, social work, psychology, or customer service
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Reports to Operations Supervisor
- This is a work-from-home position; a reliable high-speed connection and a comfortable, private dedicated work area with the ability to work for hours at a time with little to no disruption will be essential for this role’s success
- It is important to note that in the position, you will be required to view content of a sensitive nature including exposure to graphic content that may contain nudity
- This role requires sedentary and/or light-duty office work as well as high visual acuity; candidates must be able to work for up to ten hours a day while looking at a computer screen, reading material on a computer screen and sitting for long periods of time
- Candidates must be able and willing to answer and make phone calls in a professional and courteous manner during scheduled work hours
The position offers a competitive compensation package composed of salary commensurate with the candidate’s level of experience. Employee benefits include, but are not limited to medical, dental and vision, an extensive Employee Assistance Program, and participation in the Company’s 401(k) plan with a 4% company contribution. Access to WorkLifeMatters Employee Assistance Program includes 6 free face-to-face counseling visits per employee/household member per year and unlimited telephone counseling 24/7/365. WorkLifeMatters supports counseling for topics including but not limited to:
- Financial consultation
- ID theft
- Legal document preparation
- Tax consultation
Employees also have access to monthly group sessions with a licensed therapist to discuss the sensitive content reviewed on the job, as well as trainings with organizations focused on supporting mental health and wellness in the workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.